SELECTING THE BEST EMBRYO AND TRACKING ITS DEVELOPMENT
Acting like an incubator equipped with an incorporated time lapse system that captures video of the embryo’s development, the Embryoscope+ is a breakthrough in IVF. This advanced technology enables:
- Deselecting embryos that do not meet key benchmarks to ensure optimal implantation
- Reduced chance of multiple pregnancies through single embryo transfers
- Evaluating the embryo without subjecting it to the trauma of extracting it from the incubator
- Housing embryos in an optimal environment which mimics the conditions in a mother’s body
The only fertility center in Miami to offer Embryoscope+, IVFMD’s Jupiter and Cooper City locations also incorporate the technology.
How are embryos evaluated in conventional methods?
In traditional methods, embryos are taken out of the incubator multiple times within the first week to assess and track the development on Days 1, 3, 5 and 6. If not done quickly, the embryos risk exposure to the elements; if done too quickly, the embryo is at risk of damage during extraction.
With the Embryoscope+, we have the ability to keep embryos in ideal conditions and evaluate their progress in an environment mimicking a woman’s womb without disruption.
Is there any research to support the technology’s impact on successful pregnancy rates?
Yes! Below is a brief list of recent studies that have been completed using the Embryoscope+. For more information, please visit Vitrolife’s website here.
- Barrie, A. et al., (2016), Hum Fertil (Camb): 1-7.
- Goodman, L.R. et al., (2016), Fertil Steril 105(2): 275-85 e10.
- Basile, N., et al., (2015), Hum Reprod 30(2): 276-83.
- Aguilar, J. et al., (2014), Reprod Biomed Online 28(4): 475-84.
- Desai, N., et al., (2014), Reprod Biol Endocrinol 12: 54.
- Rubio, I. et al., (2014), Fertil Steril 102(5): 1287-1294 e5.
- Campbell, A. et al., (2013), Reprod Biomed Online 27(2): 140-6.
- Chamayou, S. et al., (2013), J Assist Reprod Genet 30(5): 703-10.
- Azzarello, A. et al., (2012), Hum Reprod 27(9): 2649-57.
- Dal Canto, M. et al., (2012), Reprod Biomed Online 25(5): 474-80.
- Meseguer, M. et al., (2012) Fertil Steril 98(6): 1481-9 e10.
For more information, please fill out our online contact form or call us toll free at 1 (866) 483-6366.